Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Inspiration

As the calendar turned to a new year, I decided it was probably time to get back into the blog-o-sphere.  Part of what motivated me to start writing again was reading what some of my students have written and posted about Transcendentalism over the past couple of days.  Many of them have really grasped the concept and have shown they are willing to work with a rather difficult philosophy.  More importantly from my "let's try something new to help my students work more with the curriculum" point of view, many of them are really starting to move beyond the basic "here is what happened today" blog post and start to go beyond that and use the blog as a place for them to share their connections to the curriculum that they have found on their own.  Maybe I can use their work to inspire myself to write more consistently again.

No comments: