Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Summer Reflections

Toward the end of the last school year, I made a decision that I needed to get back to using my summer for personal growth and enjoyment.  What that very quickly turned into was the plan to read one book a week, most for professional growth, some for enjoyment.  Some of them are books that I have read before and hoping to get something different out of them this time, some are books that I probably should have read before now, and some are books that I will have fun discussing with my students during the school year.

I started the project right away, even before the year ended, but have only recently decided to use this blog to reflect on what I have read.  Starting tomorrow, I will begin to write some reflections of what I have read to this point, and then post some thoughts about what I am reading along the way.  I will not be writing these early reflections in the order of having read them, but more based on how I decided to write them.

Starting tomorrow, The Giver by Lois Lowry.

No comments: