Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Preamble

There was a time in America when Saturday mornings on ABC were dominated by cartoons. As a sort of public service announcement at the end of many of these, Schoolhouse Rock came along and provided 3 - 5 minutes of knowledge about American History, grammar, science, and math. Looking back on them, they were pretty campy, but I still find myself singing those old lyrics when it comes time for anything to do with any of those topics. They have now been immortalized with their own YouTube channel, to which I have attached a link above.

My favorite (perhaps not surprisingly) is "The Preamble," which my students will be committing to memory. They are doing this as a way to better undersatand what the Constitution stands for and guarantees of us as Americans. Enjoy!!

No comments: