Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Why Do We Blog

So, there I was reading my twitter feeds tonight and I came across this blog post from a blog that I had never read before. As I read it, I once again felt validated about the things that I am asking my students to do this year. The woman who wrote the post suggested that she found that her more reluctant writers grew excited about writing when they were writing for someone other than their teacher. That when there was the opportunity for their classmates and friends to read what they were writing, their interest in it grew dramatically.

The things that I have asked my students to do allows them to publish their work for everyone to see. My goal is that they are more excited about what they are doing and that they take it a more seriously than they would have otherwise. So far, so good.

No comments: