Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Opportunities

This is a very quick post about the power of working with students.  My students are busy studying for a test tomorrow.  How do I know you ask?  Because they have been asking me a series of questions at todaysmeet.com, which I initially used during a course last summer.  At the time, we used it to ask back channel questions or to make points during a presentation.  Tonight I used to answer questions about information that will be on the test.  One of my students didn't have some of the information that she needed, and couldn't read it from my blog.  So she let me know and I was able to go to the original web site, download the information from the site as a pdf, and send it off to her as an e-mail attachment.  In the past, I would have had to listen to a story about not being able to get the information that she needed and that she isn't ready to take the test.  This solved the problem quickly and painlessly.  Another victory for Web 2.0.

No comments: