Monday, September 20, 2010

Kicking and Screaming

I told my students today that I have made the decision to completely embrace my inner "tech geek." I have now gone to the level of posting quizzes on line for my students to take. This has more to do with my desire for my students to know what is happening in my class than it does with their grades.

But, as I embrace my inner "tech geek," I have to remember that not everyone is going to do the same. That there is still a great deal of fear/hesitation/"everything has worked okay the way I have always done it" out there that I have to be careful not to push too hard. I have decided that what I really need to do is let my work and the work of my students do my talking and encouraging for me. I will help those that want it and ask for it and encourage those who are not quite ready for change to take small steps along the way.