Thursday, September 23, 2010

Progress

"Do not mistake for progress what is merely change."

The words of my father ring in my head as I watch my students deal with the varied assignments I have given them. I enjoyed participating in a "debate" on the Declaration of Independence and watching the excitement that they brought with them to the decidedly no-tech experience. Then, later, having a conversation with one of my students about one of the assignments that they are working on in their layered curriculum was eye-opening. The excitement that appeared on his face as he realized he was getting it was very rewarding.

So while I may have changed a great deal about how I teach certain classes, and while I may not have changed some of the things I do with other classes, we are all definitely making progress.

No comments: